Our Wind farm Infrastructure Team, as part of our Energy Business require a Civil Engineer to provide multi-disciplinary design and design co-ordination support on a variety of wind farm and development infrastructure projects across the UK.
Outline of role
• To assist in a Project Manager Role ultimately project managing multi-disciplinary wind and development infrastructure projects.
• To design & aid the co-ordination of the design of multi-disciplinary Wind Farm & Development Site Infrastructure Projects ensuring that the technical content of the work is correct and undertaken within agreed time-scales and budgets.
• To ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS).
• To be able to take on significant amounts of detailed infrastructure design personally.
• To be able to work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an understanding of their role.
• To assist in the preparation of proposals / bid documentation to further develop the Wind Farm Infrastructure Business throughout the UK.
• To be able to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and produce reports in clear, concise, English.
BSc, BEng, MSc / MEng Qualified in Civil Engineering or related discipline but would consider HND or HNC with relevant experience. Graduate Ideally CEng or working towards Chartered Status.
4 - 7 years+ experience within the design & design management of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects covering; development & wind farm site road / access works, sustainable drainage strategies, earthworks design including ground modelling works (MX / PDS), site servicing strategies, appreciation of heavy foundation engineering, significant experience within statutory consultations and in obtaining statutory approvals (RCC / Environmental Agency, Water Authority, SEPA approvals / Warrants).
Experience of working with developer and contractor clients, and within multi-disciplinary teams is essential.
• Ability to organise and prioritise work-load to ensure that delivery time-scales and dead lines are met.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to form strong, positive working relationships with contractor and developer clients and colleagues.
• Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
• Take responsibility for own personal development and the development of junior team members.
• Good problem solving / contingency planning with the ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
5pm on Friday 9th September
Interviews will be arranged after the closing date.
Grontmij offers a competitive benefits and salary package
For further information contact Alastair Lewis / Allan Mason or Michael Tavern in our Edinburgh Office on 0131 550 6300.